Attari Border Quarantine, Amritsar is a subordinate office of Director General of Health Services under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare incepted/opened in the year 1979. There are 3 points of entry which are to be looked after :-
- Ibtegrated Check Post Attari(Wagha road border)
- Attari Railway Station (International)
- Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport, Amritsar
The prime aim of Airport Health Organization, Amritsar is to prevent any infectious disease entering into our country which is not prevalent in India e.g. yellow Fever, SARS, Polio & Monkey Pox This list is going to be lengthened in future with incidence of new diseases. Meaningful interaction with other agencies will be a key factor strategy implementation of International Health Regulations, 2005, as per directions of Govt. of India.
- Health Check of passengers referred by Immigration authorities.
- Surveillance of the aircraft disinsection details are undertaken for all incoming international flights by examination of general declaration of health and passenger manifesto submitted by the crew at the time of arrival to the airport Health Organization.
- Supervision of sanitation, drinking water supply and anti mosquito and anti rodent measures.
- Dead body clearance
- Quarantine of yellow fever suspects and passengers falling under definition of PHEIC.
- To attend the aircraft emergencies.
- Inspection of food stuff & catering arrangement under FSSAI, 2006
- Samples of imported food items whenever referred to ABQ Health Officer by the customs authorities. (Samples are drawn by customs at their discretion).
Officer InchargeDr. S.P. Singh
|Administrative office: 7-A Court Road, Amritsar (Punjab) PIN 143001.||MI Room: MI Room Arrival Hall, International airport, Amritsar.|