Jawaharlal Nehru Port, also known as Nhava Sheva port, is the largest container port in India. East of Mumbai, in the state of Maharashtra, JNPT handles the majority of India’s containerized trade, and is the focal point of long-haul calls to and from the emerging market economy. DP World’s “futuristic” Nhava Sheva (India) Gateway Terminal (NSIGT) achieved 6,017 TEUs of combined exports and imports in the course of about 33 hours when it serviced MSC Perle, recording a gross berth productivity of 141.14 moves per hour. JNP consists of a full-fledged Custom House, 30 Container Freight Stations and connectivity to 52 Inland Container Depots across the country.
Name: PHO,Jawaherlal Nehru Port Trust, Sheva, Navimumbai-400707
International ship frequency: approx 200/month
Pax traffic: Mainly crew: 5000/month
Date and year of establishment: 19/09/1999
Location : Situated south east of Mumbai, Area 200sq kilometres, there are 5 terminals at the Nhava Sheva Port and 4 of them are privately managed. Operational berths are BMCT, GTI, NSIGT, NSICT (DP World).
- Related to clearance of Vessels: -
- Clearance of Vessels: -Issuance of Radio & Free Pratique.
- Health screening and medical examination of travellers for yellow fever, H1N1, Dengue, Ebola Virus Diseases (EVD), (MERS-CoV) Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Corona Viruses, ZIKA disease.
- Inspection and Issuance of Ship Sanitation Certificates.
- Inspection of provision and Issuance of Provision certificate.
- Inspection and Issuance of Medicine Chest certificate.
- Clearance of Dead body.
- Sanitary Inspection and Monitoring and Supervision of Sanitary, Vector & Rodent control measures at JNPT Port, Docks and its surrounding area of 400 sq. Mtrs and advise as per findings to improve sanitary conditions of the premises.
- Monitoring and Supervision of sanitation control of cargo handling areas and yards.
- Licensing of catering establishments: Total 8 Canteens are there in JNPT Port Premises. FSO of our department carries out regular inspection of canteens.
- Other activities: -Support in case of Local Events.
During Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC):-
- Effective contingency arrangements to deal with unexpected PHEIC.
- Training of other stakeholders regarding PHEIC /any health-related event about the event, Prevention, control, use of PPE etc.