Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport (IATA: CCU, ICAO: VECC) is an international airport located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It is located approximately 17 km from the city center. The airport was earlier known as Dum Dum Airport before being renamed after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, a prominent leader of the Indian independence movement. Spread over an area of 2,460 acres (1,000 ha), Kolkata airport is the largest hub for air traffic in the eastern part of the country.
The airport is a major centre for flights to Northeast India, Bhutan, China and Southeast Asia. In 2014 and 2015, Kolkata Airport won the title of Best Improved Airport in the Asia-Pacific region awarded by the Airport Council International.
- Routine Activities:
- Health screening of International Passengers on arrival in co-ordination with immigration officials of India.
- Isolation / Quarantine of the suspected international passengers coming from yellow fever affected countries having no valid Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate.
- To inspect and issue health clearance certificate of dead bodies brought from abroad.
- To check all international flights for detecting the presence of illness, vectors/rodents on board, status of disinfection, general sanitation and hygiene of the flight.
- FSSAI Licensing of Food establishments operating inside the Terminal Buildings of Kolkata Airport. To maintain sanitation and food hygiene in and around the Airport premises.
- To undertake vector surveillance in Airport premises and 400 meter perimeter outside Airport boundary wall.
- To operate Yellow Fever Vaccination centre: Every Tuesday and Thursday (except Govt. Holidays)
- To take any specific health measures as notified by GOI during outbreak of infectious diseases of international concern
- To impart training to the immigration and other officials of various stakeholders to implement IHR.
- To attend flight/aerodrome emergencies if any
APHO, Kolkata will co-ordinate the overall activities of PHEIC at local level. APHO will make contingency arrangements to deal will with the PHEIC. He will make liaison with various officials involved during PHEIC and report to National IHR Focal Point.
- Screening of all international Passengers to detect any suspect cases.
- To isolate the suspected cases.
- Referral and Transport of suspected cases to Designated Hospital.
- To ensure that
- RRT members who directly involved in screening.
- other officials who may come in contact of suspected cases.
- personnel involved in sample collection, disposal of infected materials, disinfection, decontamination etc.
- suspected cases - wears PPE or take adequate protective measures.
- To ensure that chemoprophylaxis is given to all high risk groups and including contact of suspected cases.
- To ensure infection control measures are followed as per guidelines.
- IEC activities are undertaken. Do’s and Don’ts and FAQ to be in place.
- Time factor is most important. To ensure the system in such a way to avoid delay and inconvenience of the passengers.
Officer InchargeDr. Sarbani Roy
AddressAirport Health Organisation, NSCBI Airport, Kolkata –700052.
Administrative Office & Yellow Fever Quarantine Centre: Near International Cargo Terminal Building, NSCBI Airport, Kolkata.
M.I Room: NITB, Arrival Upper (City side) International, NSCBI Airport, Kolkata
Health Counter: NITB, Arrival Upper (Air Side/Pre-Immigration) International, NSCBI Airport, Kolkata
Phone/FaxAdministrative Office: 033- 29860464
Yellow Fever vaccination: 033- 29860465
Medical Inspection Room at NITB: 033-25691122, 033-25119091
Health Counter: 033-25691123
Yellow Fever Quarantine Hospital: 033- 29860464
airportkolkatavaccine[at]gmail[dot]com (for vaccination appointment)