Attari Border Quarantine, Amritsar is a subordinate office of Director General of Health Services under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare incepted/opened in the year 1979.
Objects and goals of the Office
The prime aim of Airport and Border Quarantine, Amritsar is to prevent any infectious disease entering into our country which is not prevalent in India e.g. Yellow Fever, SARS. Swine Flu. This list is going to be lengthened in future with incidence of new diseases. Meaningful interaction with other agencies will be a key factor strategy implementation of International Health Regulations, 2005. As per directions of Govt. of India.
LocationABQ, Amritsar has its main office at Amritsar. It looks after the Attari Railway Station. Wagha Road Border which are situated at 30 kms South West of Amritsar. ABQ situated centrally in Amritsar.
- ATTARI is situated about 28 Kms from Amritsar city.
- Wagah Border 2 kms from Attari, where beating retreat takes place Wagah named after village Wagah in pakistan through which the radcliffe line was drawn-today the eastern half of the village remains in the Republic of India while the western half is in Pakistan
- Integrated Check Post became operational on 13 April 2012 about 1.6 Kms from border.
- In ICP all the departments are integrated for passengers and trade separately.
- Health Check of passengers referred by Immigration authorities.
- Supervision of sanitation, drinking water supply and anti mosquito and anti rodent measures.
- Dead body clearance.
- Quarantine of yellow fever suspects and passengers falling under definition of PHEIC.
- To attend the aircraft emergencies.
- Inspection of food stuff & catering arrangement under FSSAI, 2006.
- Samples of imported food items whenever referred to ABQ Health Officer by the customs authorities. (Samples are drawn by customs at their discretion).
- Education of Immigration Officials at the Wagha Check post.
- There is no other medical agency at the Attari Rail or at Wagha Check post. So ABQ Health Organization provide medical care to needy passengers and attend medical emergencies on humanitarian grounds whenever requests by customs or security agencies.
- Health official also attend sick passengers whenever they report to MO, it is done in view of disease surveillance and on humanitarian ground.
- Provide help to Distt. Health Authorities for implementing National Health programme at international entry points viz. Polio vaccination.
Officer InchargeDr. S.P. Singh
AddressAdministrative office:7-A Court Road, Amritsar (Punjab) PIN 143001.
MI Room: ICP Attari Road Border, Amritsar.